Monday, February 18, 2013

Dear Nancy

Nancy Smith block in progress

Dear Nancy,

You've been a delight to have around.  I've enjoyed your sunny colour, and your gentle curves. But I have to admit to having a wandering eye this last day or so. And I'm sorry.  It's not you. It's me.

Untitled

It all started when I laid you out with the others on the design wall ther other day, and started auditioning fabrics for the next three blocks.  A certain young man called James caught my eye. I think he might be a broccoli farmer.

Or something. I can't quite explain his shape.

James Carlile block in progress

But dear Nancy, I think it's love. From his rich deep orange colouring, to his bold background, to his wicked twists and turns. He tends to unravel before my eyes when put under pressure, but he has my heart. And therefore I'm sorry to tell you that block five may be finished before block four is.

I can't help it, Nancy, I'm weak. Please forgive me.

Yours sincerely
Michelle xoxo




3 comments:

  1. hilarious. hope nancy has a shoulder to cry on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floozie!
    (Although I can see why - James is a peach!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your modern take on a traditional pattern. Will we see this at the exhibition at CQ? Hope so!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.