Thursday, August 26, 2010

My creative space - waiting

My creative space - waiting

Half past eight in the morning. I'm dressed and ready for work, but I'm also waiting for the electrician to turn up and determine cause of death of the 34 year old creative space in my kitchen - my stove top and oven. Nothing else to do except crochet some of my latest shawl (my tenth!) at the kitchen table until he arrives.

The good news is that the oven has been brought back to life with some nifty work on the circuit board, and the stove will have it's two blown elements fixed by the end of the week. And here I was thinking it was terminal. So relieved, as I haven't been able to cook since last Friday and I was more than a little lost!

Kirsty has all (and I mean ALL) the creative spaces in the world at her place.

15 comments:

  1. I really must learn to either knit or crochet - it just seems so great in it's simplicity, one hook, one ball of yarn and endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is beside the point, and comisserations on your stove traumas, but I LOVE THAT BAG. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crochet is looking very pretty! And it´s great that your oven is working again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, tenth shawl!!! Love your elephant bag/bucket - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10th wow, sounds like the perfect time to sneak some stitches in. So good that the stove is still kicking. I bet the break from cooking was a bit nice but I am sure it was missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely shot michelle. happy cooking

    ReplyDelete
  7. the colours here remind me of your recent trip! gorgeous bag {and glad the problem wasn't terminal, notthing worse than having to shell out for new appliances unexpectedly}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are going to have your stove back soon. At leat you were using your waiting time productively.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am very pleased that your stove and oven aren't terminally ill. I too would struggle without it.

    Very much like the brown you're working with in that pic - what yarn is it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. very very good use of free time there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So relieved to hear you can eat again. And so mightily impressed at shawl number ten.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't crochet so good like that ... so easy to pick up when an opportunity unexpectedly arises.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh love that little bucket bag.. The shawl is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay for a fixed oven and some sneaky crochet time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.