Thursday, July 15, 2010

My creative space - out of the funk

The head cold I had at the market on Sunday developed into a full-blown something-or-other by Sunday night, so I spent the next couple of days hugging a tissue box, chugging vast volumes of orange juice, and trying to crochet on the couch while watching the trashy, nasty, yet thoroughly entertaining first season of Gossip Girl. I returned to work today, in a miserable headachey funk.

But it's amazing how my health and mood immediately improved with a strawberry hot chocolate from my hot drinks purveyor, and a bit of shoe shopping after lunch. Oooh. They're so pretty! And on sale! Inspired by my new black suede t-bars, I've decided to make a skirt. Same pattern as always, but it's a winner so I won't be swayed.

My creative space

And the crochet that's been done on the couch has produced a couple of keepers. Here's one I started a year ago on retreat at Minnamurra and finally finished on Monday morning. I may very well be camouflaged in the desert with this one. It's Malabrigo Merino Worsted, one of my favourite yarns, in the colour "Glazed Carrot".
Orange Divine Hat

And here is Julie's hat for Central Australia in "Olive" Malabrigo , finished while I sat in the surgery waiting room yesterday morning. One down, one almost finished, then two to to go. Easy. This one is called Durango. It was a lot of fun to make.

Olive Durango Hat

You know where to go for more inspiration, don't you?

18 comments:

  1. Loving the fabric you're making into the skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that skirt fabric. Glad you're feeling a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beanies look great. Nice skirt fabric too. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beanies :) Glad that you are on the mend and a little shoe shopping will fix anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to see that skirt, the fabric is gorgeous - just what I would love to make a skirt for myself with (where did you get it?)

    Beanies are too cute. The buttons really make that second one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hats look fantastic! I hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean with hot drinks and retail shopping as a healthy treat. The other day I bought a dress for $2 and it just made my WHOLE day so much better. I kept telling my husband about my $2 dress...I just wouldn't shut up! hehe.

    Get well soon! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A strawberry hot chocolate? That sounds good - where did you get it from??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are on the mend, lovely goodies always help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless you poppet - hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. strawberry hot chocolate..mmmm!
    hope you are feeling better, shopping for something amazing is always good :)
    looking forward to seeing your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hats are gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the skirt...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that someone has named a yarn colour 'glazed carrot'!
    Hope you get better very very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous beanies! Love the rich orange colour

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing says mood lift like t-bars!

    Glazed carrot is such a good colour, it really suits the pattern you used too.

    Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the beanies are ace. almost worth being sick to get those beauties done. hope you are feeling chipper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shoe shopping will do it every time! ;o)
    Thanks for your comment on my blog - yes, it is the Lincraft denim and it is a bit stiff, which is kind of good for lots of rows of stitching! I plan to make a cushion, so I think it will soften after some use as it's not very thick. I just love the green too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad your on the mend. Wish I could crochet. Loving the glazed carrot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.