Thursday, July 16, 2009

My creative space

My creative space is this week's favourite spot - the couch.

My creative space

I've been spending my evenings hand stitching twisted hexagon blocks, and now I'm spending the Tour de France with a blanket around my legs stitching a row of seven to another two rows of seven. It's quite tiring as the hexagon rows have card stock templates tacked inside them, and this makes them awkward to maneuvre. But once I'm finished the row, I can press the section, remove the inner templates and start sewing the next seven blocks.

It's still fun even after more than four years of making this quilt. I'm loving those colours and fabrics - and it's probably just as well.

Even more creative spaces here at Kirsty's place!

8 comments:

  1. dude! The fabrics are gorgeous!!!
    I love when you share shots of this project =)
    I can't believe I'm going to miss the paper piecing Brown Ows!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely. The couch is a perfect crafting spot, especially in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I'd always wondered how that was done! Thanks for sharing + showing :) K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - 4 years! That's commitment! Glad you are enjoying it!

    The lounge is pretty much my only creative space (in the house at least!!) I probably should sew more, if only for a change of scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice comfy couch you have there, are you sure you have to get off of it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work looks so lovely.What a lovely cosy space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four years?! Wow! I'm lucky if my attention span holds out for four days. Good for you, and what a pretty looking project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. color and shapes in your space ~a delight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.