Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bustin' out


Mini pouch, originally uploaded by quiltingmick / michelle.

I've had this idea for a mini-pouch in my head for about four months now. This is just the basic prototype to check how the boxed bottom goes with the quilted fabric, but it will eventually have a strap just big enough to hang on the back of the dunny door at work or at the shops. You know. So you can put your lippy and girly 'accessories' in it, and hang it on the back of the door, and it'll be all clean and lovely.

Or your could just use it for your dpns. Or your iPod.

Anyway, it's funny how the day I finally get the idea out my head and onto the sewing machine is the day I land myself a full-time contracting job.

I start Tuesday. That gives me four days to get everything done that I haven't done in the last four months.

So rather that doing Cathy's Blogtoberfest with everyone else, I'll be staying right away from the computer and doing stuff.

I'll be seein' ya!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job...but I'm going to miss all the blogging!
    Love the pouch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whey! Big congrats on the job! (I got a contract offer and a permanent interview today, too - it must be good karma out there!)

    That's a lovely pouch, and fantastic fabric. I'm such a bag lady, I adore making the things....

    ReplyDelete
  3. darn it, I was hoping that you would stay unemployed & keep sewing & blogging...

    LOVE the pouch, great fabric choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you! Is it back in the service? And I'm loving that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the job! I'm not surprised that it didn't take you long to land one - they obviously recognised your many talents! Selfishly, I'm not looking forward to a drop in your crafting and blogging output though. Great pouch, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes indeed, very bittersweet news. happy for you tho. i love the prototype, very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the job :) Who knows, maybe being busier will spur the creative energy on...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new job. The upside is there'll be more money for more supplies which means more crafting. Right? RIGHT?

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the job - but will miss the regular blogging and all the sewing goodness. Really like the pouch - very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the job QM - great news. We have to fund the craft habit somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty pouch. Will miss reading your blog as much as we have been able to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, well done! But like the others I will miss your posts and lovely pics. Good luck, and please don't abandon your adoring public completely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh the pouch looks great in that fabric. Nice one. I'll buy one when they're ready.

    Congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore the fabric! Well done on the job, I hope you still have time to do your sewing and crocheting too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.