Sunday, May 4, 2008

This is ... me pre-1985

Trying to find photos of myself before 1985, I came across a big box of, well, memories. Photos of the crowd I used to hang around with when I first moved to Canberra; Patricia, Naf and I in the snow at Corin Forest ... and a whole swag of locker love letters from the ex to me. At uni, I was locker #49, and he was #101. He used to leave me beautiful notes of love and let me know where to find him in the all-night reading room or the library, or tell me he'd meet me after my geography lecture at 1.50 pm outside the Central Lecture Theatre. Sigh. Such beauty at the tender age of 19. Shame he turned out to be such an arse.

Anyway, I eventually shook myself out of my melancholy and found this photo. I think it is either 1984 or 1985 when I was 14 or 15 and our dog Faby had given birth to nine Dobermann puppies. Boris was last one we let go of - he had a few skin issues. He was also ginormous.

Me in either 1984 or 1985

Things to note - the hair. My god, the hair.Mum made that skirt for me out of an apple green polka dot polypop - I love how the voluminous pockets are engulfing Boris' tail. Loved that skirt. I think was on my way to Sunday school that morning.

Here's another photo, this time with my brother and Faby. Note the bare feet. North Queensland in the 80s, friends.

David and I with the dogs

7 comments:

  1. weren't you sweet? I had a skirt just like that. Ah, the 80s.

    I can't do this one.I don't have a way to scan the old photos in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very similar skirt around the same time - in pale blue...

    Bells - just take a photo of the picture with your digital camera and post as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...this looks like the image many of us have of Australia..bare feet and boys in short shorts with loooong legs. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah the 80s - shoulder pads, huge bronze bangles, leggings, funny hair-dos... You must be about the same age as my little sister.

    Lovely pics - and yeah, the past. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.