Thursday, November 13, 2014

Lost in 翻訳 (Translation)

 

 

 


 

 

Still in Japan. Walking a million kilometres a day and seeing the most amazing things. It's been a dream (many dreams!) realised.

 

Also Nomura Tailor is Just. So. Rad. My quilt-jo doesn't seemed to have returned at all as I haven't purchased a scrap of quilting fabric (except at Yokohama Quilt Week - I purchased a little bit there so all is not lost). Dress fabric though ... ooh boy.

 

 

 

And this is only part of it. Last night I finally made it to the third floor - the Magical Land of Haberdashery and Notions. I need to buy another suitcase. I still have shopping in Tokyo to do next week.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for capturing your experiences of Japan so beautifully, rekindling my own memories. Enjoy your shopping in Tokyo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the photos! Not too sure how to capture the next part of our experience - Hiroshima - but will see how we go!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving these photos Michelle. When you get back I want to see ALL the purchases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to show them to you!! Although I reckon by the time we see each other I might be wearing some of them!

      Delete
  3. GAH! This is so exciting! How gorgeous are the torii arches?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blew our minds! Favourite day was the Philosopher's Path though - so much gorgeousness, and so relaxing too! Also ... Apple cake!

      Delete
  4. This will be in about 3 months...not that I'm counting. Looking forward to Kyoto...to see something/somewhere totally different and eat ALL THE FOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the food was so damn good! Yakitori! Yakisoba!! Yum!

      Delete
  5. Recommendation for you - if you go to Nippori (the fabric street in Tokyo) there is a wonderful place for lunch where we had the best tempura - Tempura Tendon Tenya - yum-o and was certainly a good break for my hubby who was well and truly sick of fabric stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Liz! We've been to Nippori - was hoping to go back (and tempura! Yum!) but I got sucked into the vortex that is Okadaya instead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.