Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Making deals with myself

It seems that every day I make deals with myself. Something good, something progressed, something finished, my physical therapy done in the pool (ha ha)... and then I can work on something. Or have some chocolate. Or both.

This is my current dealmaker.

Vintage Spin quilt

It's from a class that I did over the weekend with Kathy Doughty. And I freaking love it.  L O V E.  But as this is supposed to be the year for #finishit2014 and not #startit2014 I thought that I would reward myself with working on this one by finishing off a few other tasks.

Like sewing this together so that I might baste it this weekend (in addition to some extra physical therapy so that, you know, I can actually bend over and get on the floor and baste it!)

In progress

Finding where the heck I put this almost-sewn-together WIP so that I can measure it up and take it to the long armer sometime soon!!

Japanese scrappy tripalong WIP

And tidying up my stash (and not just because I think my Japanese scrappy tripalong is in those cubicles somewhere ...)

Fabric stash
(I've already tidied this bit up, although I'm not sure what the orange is doing in the yellow cubicle when it has it's own cubicle thankyouverymuch.)

I'm taking part in Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday.
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

And also Little White Dove's Aussie WIP Wednesday!
 Little White Dove


21 comments:

  1. Oh that current dealmaker is unbelievably gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an effective design isn't it? Kind of blows my mind with all the clashy clash of fabrics in there.

      Delete
  2. That's how I operate too, always using one project to get me to finish another. Hope you have a win with them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also do things like "If I sew 4 blocks now, then I can press the seams and go to bed". Kind of crazy, but needed otherwise I'd procrastinate all day!

      Delete
  3. Love the new quilt blocks. Those are certain to be some great motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea! Positive re-enforcement is good! :) I love the current deal-maker. It's really bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I get very easily bored, and also have limited time to sew so when I do get in the sewing room there are deals being made in all directions!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I've taken it off the wall for now but can't wait to put it up there and add to it!

      Delete
  6. Wow! I love it too!!! So gorgeous and expressive, I think. Like it's bursting with love and light and happiness (is that way too cheesy?) I'm looking forward to seeing that HST top though too! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too cheesy at all. I am forever waxing lyrical about my quilts. Because if I don't, no one else will! (except for you of course, as seen in the example above).

      Delete
  7. How could break a deal with a sexy dealbreaker like that? HAWT! I think you need to get some quiltastic quilting done STAT and reward yourself by hanging with some sassy ladies on Sunday... Just sayin' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult, I must admit. I am so looking forward to the BIG DEAL I am making with myself about Sunday! CAN. NOT. WAIT. Lots to do before then.

      Delete
  8. Wonderfully striking new quilt top. How fun to make something new while finishing off something old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fab! So bright and cheery. Thanks for joining the Aussie WIP Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy Doughty quilt turned out beautiful Michelle... it was a very enjoyable workshop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.