Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 21

Despite my best intentions to try to blog for the advent blog-a-long almost every day, my day job has been so busy I've been left a tired mess each night who can barely rustle up dinner, let alone another Christmas cake and a blog post.

And now I have some kind of flu thing and am off work, so have all the time in the world to blog! Ha!

Christmassy treats swap

I've been wanting to tell you about the outcome of the Christmassy treat swap which was held last week.These are the little Christmas cakes from the other day that I made for the swap, all pretty wrapped in tissue paper I'd stamped with a cute leaping reindeer, and tied up with baker's twine.

Christmassy treats swap

There were seven friends in all, and we all shared an amazing supper together to the point of explosion. Quiches, trash dip, tartlets, lemon curd pie, and a Danish almond creamy dessert which was so good. Oh my. And then at the end of the night when we didn't think we'd be able to move anymore, let alone look at food, we put all our treats on the table, and swapped.

Christmassy treats swap

Christmassy treats swap

There were ginger biscuits, rocky road, brownies, spritz and salted caramel. Danish treats and caramel almonds.

Christmassy treats swap

There were jars of homemade vanilla essence and jars of cherry jam.

Christmassy treats swap

And at the end of it all, I took home a massive box of treats which we are trying to enjoy in moderation (and failing). I'm saving the cherry jam for my toast on Christmas morning.

Christmassy treats swap

It was such a great idea by our hostess to have a swap like this. We get to try all kinds of things we wouldn't normally have the opportunity to, and spend a lovely evening in each other's company. You can't beat it!

I've joined Car's Advent blog-a-long. Check out the other blog-a-longers!

4 comments:

  1. Wow that looks ( and sounds ) awesome! Enjoy all those treats while you rest up and get over the flu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks absolutely divine. I'll never forget that beautiful fruit cake in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tonight is about the first blog-a-long post I haven't had to back date an hour or two - 1am really sneaks up!
    I just adore your cake wrapping - I am so stealing that idea!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Michelle. Might have to do something like this next year. I am digging in my heels and staying at home next Christmas. (oh and not movi g interstate will also help)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.