Thursday, November 5, 2009

My creative space


Amanda, originally uploaded by quiltingmick / michelle.

I've been a bit meh with sewing for others and for the shop and gallery. It's time to sew for me, I think. The weather has warmed up, and my mind is a-flutter with ideas of what I can make myself.

Enter BurdaStyle. My creative space today is what happens when I glue and sticky-tape 18 pages together to make one gigantic sheet. I'll wait for everything to dry and then I will cut out the pieces. I'm making the Amanda blouse in cotton voile. In red, of course. I hope it turns out OK.

You know where to go for more creativity. Go on.

12 comments:

  1. I reckon you deserve some kind of award for the puzzle taping. That's a big effort already.

    I'm sure the blouse will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that top looks great - and red will be the perfect colour for it. i've never done a tape and glue and cut pattern - it sounds quite complicated (and a little unfair, given all the work you have to do before you even start the top itself) - but good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tryng to stick the pages together would be enough creativity for me to give up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for making something for you! And for gluing all those pages together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as a non-sewing type, very jealous of people who can make clothes for themselves! good luck and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh! I can't wait to see your Amanda top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, pretty. I'm always too scarde of those patterns to even attempt to print them out... red's a great choice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep...we all need 'me' time ...cotton voile yummy...and red too...will be gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on a mission to sew for myself for this summer, will look forward to seeing how this top turns out (I've downloaded so many patterns from burda-style yet I haven't made anything yet)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Michelle. Congratulations! You have won my green "Pets & Bones" fabric. Please contact me with your postal details. thea[at]thea-sami.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK so after collecting like a year worth of Burda I've got some fabric newly arrived from the states and I'm ready...just curious if you have any recommendations for what to trace with? freezer paper stuck together with sticky tape. I really have NO idea....the top looks awesome by the way...I've also got some red voile to use.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.