Friday, February 22, 2008

I guess I was wondering what you were doing on the weekend

I've got tickets to this show
It's free you know. *

My much anticipated long weekend of bliss, girly talk, good food and fine music at Cobargo is no longer. Being ill usually puts paid to plans like these.

I'm bummed, but I've been consoling myself with cups of tea and
online purchases all morning. They'll go perfectly with all the crazy crochet stuff I have half made or planned.

And speaking of crochet, it's been a sorry week on the couch -just me, Dr Phil and Oprah - but I've made progress on the
Preppy Tank.

Preppy Tank - progress

I'm really happy with how this is turning out. I've still livid over the
whole Zhivago debacle (Ravelry link) but thank heavens a fellow Raveller helped me out. I would have been up the proverbial creek otherwise. Anyway, if all the planets align and I don't suddenly get better this may well be done by early March. Mind you, I'd rather feel better.

The
Easy Shrug is, well ... shortly it will be just nine balls of wool again. I think my issues with gauge and hook size collaborated to give me a very un-luscious thing. It's not the pattern's fault - it's me. I know it is. See how crooked and untidy it looks? I wasn't even trying to get that effect!

PICT9657

So now I'm on a search for another project which will use only nine balls of Zara. I'm desperate to get the new issue of
Crochet Today so I contemplate making this with it. I think it's purdy.

While I'm on a show 'n' tell roll, I want to tell you about an absolutely beautiful book I borrowed from the library the other day. It's called "Crochet Inspirations" by Sasha Kagan, and it goes way beyond being just a stitch dictionary. I need this book. Look at what Sasha shows you how to make!

PICT9659 PICT9660 PICT9661

I need my birthday to NOT be in September. However my wedding anniversary is in only a few weeks ...

I'm hoping to get to the show very early tomorrow morning. I want to see
kms and her doogs. And the craft section and the canary yellow acrylic poncho. And maybe I'll treat myself to a show bag. Or two.


* Clare Bowditch

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been very busy. I will be at the show tomorrow, so might see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame they don't make crochet showbags. Except they'd probably be full of yellow acrylic and plastic hooks. Sigh.

    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something to be said about a period of sickness and how it can lead to great productivity as a result of all that couch time. If it wasn't for the fact of actually feeling like shit, and missing out on weekends away. I know how much you were looking forward to it.

    That book looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mystery op-shop is sort of behind the Knox shopping centre, so way in the burbs. It's on the Dandenong Ranges side, on (I think) Peakhurst Street? It's calledKnox Community Centre or Service... I was too overwhelmed to take much note of the important details! ;-)

    I hope you are feeling better!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments, but if you're anonymous please tell me who you are.